Wednesday, January 22, 2014

CrockPot BBQ Chicken and roasted veggies

Adam and I only get to eat dinner together about.. 3 times a week. So on those days, sometimes I like to get a little crazy in the kitchen, Figure out what we have to make dinner with and go from there! 

-Please note, this is not my personal recipe. I found this in the 365 slow cooker suppers cook book! Created by Stephanie O'Dea- you can find more of her creations at crockpot365.blogspot.com

I posted the picture above on my Instagram : NWebb820 :  and a few people commented and texted me for the recipe. 

BBQ Chicken Thighs ( you can use breasts as well) 

4 skinless Chicken thighs - frozen is alright 
1 Onion sliced thin
1 cup of Ketchup 
2 tbs Soy sauce. - I used a lime soy sauce- 
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs Worcestershire sauce 
1/2 tsp Ground black pepper 
1 cup baby carrots 
2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced thin. ( we didn't have any on hand..so I skipped these and stuck to carrots

Using a 4 qt slow cooker. Place your chicken into the slow cooker bowl, add your onion on too of the chicken. In a small bowl mix your ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.  Pour your mixture over your chicken and onion evenly. Add carrots and red bell peppers. 
Cover, cook on low for 6-7hrs (we did 7)
Serve over rice or quinoa! 



Since my husband doesn't like quinoa , I made Adam his own rice and quinoa for Joseph and myself. 
We paired it with roasted cauliflower and broccoli (Joseph goes nuts for these)  you can find the roasting recipe on my sisters blog, use the search bar on the top left! 
Www.TheFoodette.com 
Let her know I sent ya! 


Hope y'all enjoy! I'm enjoying Stephanie O'Dea's cook book for sure! Make sure to check out her site! 
Crockpot365.blogspot.com


-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment